|Posted by RCI fans on April 16, 2014 at 12:45 PM|
1. Virtual Balconies - If given the choice between having a balcony or inside stateroom, the majority of people would choose a balcony. However for a lot of people this may be out of their price range. Thankfully Royal Caribbean have come up with a solution – bring the balcony inside. These new-concept staterooms feature a floor to ceiling video wall which plays a live feed from a camera mounted on the outside of the ship!
2. Dynamic Dining - The concept of eating when you want, where you want was first pioneered by Norwegian Cruise Lines, but in true Royal Caribbean style, they've taken it to the next level. For one of the first times ever, they'll be no main dining room, instead 4 large individual venues specialising in various cuisine, including Asian, American, Contemporary and Formal.
3. Speciality Restaurants - Speaking of dining options, Quantum of the Seas will offer some of the most diverse and largest options afloat. The ship will feature “Wonderland” serving unusual, imaginative and not-so-traditional food! Suite guests will be able to dine in their own private restaurant. There will also still be all the Royal Caribbean favourites such as Chops Grille and Izumi.
4. SeaPlex - This multi-purpose complex features bumper cars, roller skating, a circus school with flying trapeze, basketball court, badminton and table tennis. There's pretty much nothing you can't do here – There's even a DJ booth which lowers down from the ceiling!
5. Ripcord by iFly - Your friends may not believe you when you return from your cruise saying you went skydiving on a cruise ship! Ripcord by iFly allows you to experience the thrill of skydiving in safe and controlled way.
6. North Star - If you're afraid of heights, this feature may be one to miss. A glass capsule, inspired by the London Eye, elevates you 300 feet above the sea, giving you perfect views of the sea and ship below!
7. Two70 - Quantum of the Seas is all about delivering the WOW and when I saw this venue for the first time, that is exactly what I said. Another multi-purpose venue, this entertainment lounge is located at the very aft of the ship and features giant 3-storey windows offering a 270° view! This lounge is also home to spectacular aerial acrobat shows during the evening and the windows magically turn into a video wall offering moving backdrops. If that isn't enough technological marvel, then giant robotic arms with several 100-inch screens will move in time with music and choreography during shows! WOW!
8. Mamma Mia! - Royal Caribbean has always been known for its amazing entertainment. Hairspray*, Chicago, Saturday Night Fever and CATS* are performed on select ships in the fleet and are all full Broadway productions. Mamma Mia will feature on board Quantum, which will surely have guests 'super-trouping' in the aisles!
9. Celebrity Chefs - Quantum will feature 2 celebrity chef restaurants, Michael Schwartz's “Michael's Genuine Pub” serving up traditional pub fare, and “Jamie's Italian” by Jamie Oliver.
10. Music Hall - This stylish and sophisticated venue, transports you back to the days when Rock and Roll and Swing was king! This is the perfect place to dance and listen to live music by resident musicians and acts.
So what are you most looking forward to on Quantum of the Seas?
Michael Poole (@mpoole3) says he's most excited about being in total control of his dining experience.
Millie Sloan thinks there is so much to do on there, She'd look forward to just being on the ship!
Leave a comment about the thing you can't wait to see on board Quantum of the Seas! There are still so many other features we haven't mentioned.
*CATS will replace Hairspray on board Oasis of the Seas in October 2014.